I’m not in what should be the final 4-5 weeks of training for the Ottawa Half Marathon, on May 27. That said, anyone living in Ottawa knows it’s been a bit of a weird “spring” for training, so you’ll forgive me if I admit that I’m not in peak shape yet. Sigh.
But this post isn’t about my state of readiness for the half. It’s about an AWESOME event that I’m co-hosting, on Tuesday, May 8, to raise money for the Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health (see post, “Running for the Royal!” from March 12, for more on this very worthy cause).
The event details are as follows:
- Tuesday, May 8 from 8:00pm to midnight
- House of TARG (corner of Bank & Sunnyside)
- LIVE music with Running Naked, silent auction for cool stuff, and a 50:50 draw
- And hey – play pinball/arcade games and enjoy craft beer & home-made perogies while rocking out to the band!
- Advance tickets: $15/person, $25/couple
- At the door: $20/person
Come on out and have a blast while supporting a great cause! You can email me here, if you’d like to purchase advance tickets. Thanks!